Answers to FAQs For Online Registration Customers
- Q: How do I establish an online account?
- A: Before registering for any activities online, you must establish an online registration account and create a Login Name and Password.
This is how you create an online registration account:
1) Click on the Create Account button.
2) Fill out the form for New Account Request completely, including all required fields,(Birth date, Gender, Email Address, etc.) and click submit. Please submit your request only once.
*Please Note: If you are registering a child for an activity, please use your own information when filling out the online registration account request form, NOT the information of the child you wish to register for an activity. Once you have an online registration account, you will have the opportunity to add family members.
3) You will automatically receive an email after submitting your request for an account. Your account will be activated only after you have responded by clicking on the link provided in the email.
- Q: Wishlist
- A: Add to your wishlist to manage any activities you would like to enroll into. Located under your My Account.
- Q: How do I register online for an activity?
- A: Once your account has been established, registration for activities is easy:
1) Click the View Activities button on the registration home page.
2) Select the activity that you would like to enroll into. Clicking the underlined name will show you a detailed activity description.
3) Click the Add to My Cart button if you wish to register for the activity.
4) Next, sign in to your online registration account by entering your Login Name information and Password. Proceed to checkout by clicking the Continue button. From this screen you may remove activities from your cart or view more activities and add them to your cart.
*Please Note: If more than one family member will be attending the activity, click on the button labeled, Add Another One (located under the Shopping Cart screen).
5) Confirm your activity name, date and time, enrollee and price.
6) Click Continue to proceed with payment. You will be prompted that you are entering a secure site. Enter your credit card information on the Payment Information Page and agree to any required waiver(s) and confirm the payer meets the age requirement of "18 Years or Older". Click Continue. This system accepts Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
*Please Note: The name and address must match those that are on file with your credit company. If the address shown is not your credit card billing address, click on the My Account button and change your residential address to match your credit card billing address.
7) Once your payment has been approved, your receipt will display. Please print a copy of your receipt for your records.
- Q: What will happen if I try to register for an activity that is full?
- A: Your name will be placed on a waiting list and your credit card will not be charged. You will be contacted in the event that a space opens for that activity or additional activities are added. If we are unable to contact you within 24 hours, your space will be given to the next customer on the waiting list.
If you do not want to be placed on the waiting list, click the Remove button that appears on the Shopping Cart screen.
*Please Note: Placement on a waiting list does not guarantee a spot in the activity. It is recommended for guaranteed participation, please choose another activity with registration space.
- Q: Can I enroll my youngest child into camp/class if he/she is too young/old?
- A: Please contact the instructor to discuss your request. Requests will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Q: How do I add family members to my account?
- A: You may add family members in the three following locations:
1) You may add a family member while submitting your head of household account information, by clicking on the Submit and Add Family Member link.
2) You may add a family member under My Account, this is done by clicking the link Change Information About Family Members.
3) You may also add family member during the enrollment process. This is done by clicking on the link Add Family Member which is located beside the Participant box.
- Q: How many accounts should each family have?
- A: We recommend that each family establish one account. Create the account in the name of a head of household and then add all family member names to the head of household account, after it has been established (see next question).
- Q: What should I do if I forget my password?
- A: When you are prompted to sign in, check the Forgot your Password. It will request you to submit your email address. After entering that, a temporary password will be emailed to your address.
Once you login while using your temporary password, you will be prompted to change your password.
For questions or further assistance please contact Recreation Administration Office at 949-644-3151.
*Please DO NOT create another Customer Account.
- Q: Can I view activities without registering?
- A: You can always browse through the activities without registering. Click View Activities button and look at all the activities that are offered.
- Q: How can I view a schedule of my family's upcoming scheduled activities?
- A: The My Account feature allows you to view a weekly schedule of your family's upcoming activities.
Sign into your account and click on the My Account link. Then click on the Show Your Daily Schedule link. Highlight the family members whose schedules you would like to view and click on the top arrow button and move each family member over to the Selected Family Members column. Click on Search to proceed. A weekly schedule will display all of the activities your family members have been enrolled in and allow you to click on the activity for more information.
- Q: Can I view my transaction history and print out my past receipts online?
- A: You can view your transaction history and print your receipts online, once your online account has been established. To access this information, please click on the My Account link (located at the top right-hand corner of your screen).
To view prior transactions, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Transactions link.
To view past receipts, you may click on the Get a List of Prior Payments link, (click on the receipt number to view and print each individual receipt).
- Q: How do I find out if my friend's child is registered for a class?
- A: Unfortunately, the City cannot provide participant information to anyone outside the registration form, family, or guardian. You must communicate this with your friend.
- Q: Do you prorate classes?
- A: I'm sorry, the city does not prorate classes.
- Q: How to request a refund
- A: To receive a refund from summer camps a request must be made by phone by calling 949-644-3151, by fax at 949-644-3155, or by email at email@example.com.
A refund fee will be charged for any refund processed. A refund must be submitted to the office before the commencement of the 2nd day of camp or class enrolled. NO REFUNDS will be given after the commencement of the 2nd day of camp or class.
Please note, if initial payment was by check, a front and back copy of the check or bank statement must be submitted within 90 days of your requested refund. Processing of a check refund will take between 3-5 weeks after receiving copy of the processed check or bank statements.
Refund by credit card should appear on statement between 24-48 hours of date processed.
- Q: Class refund fees
- A: Unless otherwise noted, any refunds requested before the commencement of the 2nd day of class enrolled, will incur a $20 refund fee (for classes $75 and above) or a $10 refund fee (for classes $74 and below).
- Q: Camp refund fees
- A: Unless otherwise noted, a refund fee equivalent to a single day of participation based on the cost of the camp will be charged for any refund requested before the commencement of the 2nd day of camp.
Any refunds requested 24 hours before the commencement of the 1st day of camp enrolled, will incur a a $20 refund fee (for camps $75 and above) or a $10 refund fee (for camps $74 and below).
- Q: Refund fee for city staffed camps (Pint-sized campers, Summer Day Camp)
- A: Summer Day Camp & Pint-Sized Campers
$25 REFUND FEE applies to withdrawals with 7 Day or more notice.
$50 REFUND FEE applies to withdrawals with 6 Day or less notice.
NO REFUNDS ONCE CAMP HAS BEGUN.
- Q: Refund for ACTIVE Kidz
- A: NO REFUNDS
- Q: Refund fees for Sage Hill programs
- A: NO REFUNDS once class has begun.
- Q: What if I am not a Newport Beach Resident?
- A: Non-residents are welcome to sign up for any and all classes, however there is a $5 non-resident fee for each class that is priced at $74 or less and $10 for each class that is $75 and over.
- Q: How do I reserve a park/field/picnic table/community center for an event?
- A: Reservations are not permitted online and must be made 5 business days before the event. Please contact Recreation Supervisor Matt Dingwall at 949-644-3151 for more information.
- Q: How do I become a contract instructor with the City of Newport Beach?
- A: Please visit the city website, click on Department, then Recreation & Senior Servicesand on the Instructor Information tab. You will be able to download a Instructor Application form.